Have kids? Making dinner can be a challenge. Especially when you throw a picky kid into the mix. Here are 7 Kid-Friendly Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes that kids love so much that they will be asking for seconds!
Why using an Instant Pot or slow cooker is a good idea if you have kids
- Having kids can be fun but it can also be exhausting at times. The slow cooker and Instant Pot can help! Throw a few things in the pot and set it and forget it. Come back to a homemade meal that took minimal energy.
- If you have kids that are in a lot of activities you will be dropping off and picking up kids and be in your car a lot. Usually these activities are around dinnertime. This makes it hard to prepare a meal over the stovetop. By making a meal in the Instant Pot or slow cooker you can prepare things ahead of time, throw them in the pot and walk away. You can let the pot switch to warm automatically after it is done cooking and not worry about it while you’re away from the home.
- If you have older kids that are in and out you can serve your dinner in shifts. It’s easy to keep the dinner warm in the slow cooker or instant pot by using the warm setting. Everyone can have a hot meal whether they eat it at 5 pm or 8 pm.
7 Kid-Friendly Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes
1. Chicken Gyros–the soft pita bread is a kid favorite along with chicken, for picky kids leave out the tzatziki and tomatoes.
2. Macaroni and Cheese–mac and cheese has been a kid favorite for a long time! Here are 5 different versions of instant pot mac and cheese.
3. Creamy Chicken–the easiest cheater recipe out there. Chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and an Italian dressing mix packet are combined to make a delicious chicken dinner with hardly any work. We like to serve ours over rice but mashed potatoes or noodles would also be good.
4. Chicken Noodle Soup is fast and easy to make. We love making this recipe on a cold day or when we have a sick one in the house.
5. Creamy Sloppy Joes–homemade sloppy joe sauce and ground beef are simmered and then cream cheese is stirred in as a twist to make the best sloppy joes of your life. Serve the meaty sauce on toasted buns or even slider rolls for an easy weeknight dinner. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd.
6. White Chicken Chili–most kids aren’t a fan of regular chili because it can be too spicy. This version is mild and so creamy and delicious.
7. Alfredo Salsa Pasta–the easiest recipe ever. With just four ingredients and your pressure cooker this is a perfect meal to make when you’re busy but still want to put dinner on the table! Kids and adults alike love this creamy penne pasta and will be asking for seconds.
More kid-friendly recipes…
What Pressure Cooker/Slow Cooker Do You Use?
I use a 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
I use a 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this article for 7 Kid-Friendly Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.