Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta–the most tender bites of well seasoned chicken stirred in with curly al dente pasta, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and fresh basil. A fresh and bright summer pasta dish that takes minutes to make in your electric pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta
This is a perfect summer dish! The brightness of the tomatoes and fresh basil just remind me of summer. You’re going to die how perfect the chicken turns out too. It’s the most tender chicken I’ve made to date in the Instant Pot! There is a little bit of upfront work but it is welllllll worth it. Please make this recipe soon and let me know how you like it!
I got the idea for this recipe from Delish. Their recipe used 3 different dishes and a stove top to prepare this pasta. I decided to simplify the dish and make it in the Instant Pot. It was a good choice. Pasta turns out so well in the Instant Pot. I love not having to worry about boiling over water. Plus you can brown the chicken by using the saute function of your pressure cooker. I love one pot meals!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
The most tender bites of well seasoned chicken stirred in with curly al dente pasta, tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and fresh basil. A fresh and bright summer pasta dish that takes minutes to make in your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 chicken breast halves) boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed not frozen
- 4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth (or 3 1/2 cups water plus 3 1/2 tsp better than bouillon chicken base)
- 1 pound uncooked cavatappi or cellentani pasta (or other pasta of your choice)
- 1 pound roma tomatoes (about 5 roma tomatoes)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped basil (fresh)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Season and brown the chicken. Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. As the pot heats up pound your chicken breasts to 1 inch thick. I did this by rolling them out/smashed them down with a rolling pin. Place the chicken breasts on a plate. Season one side of each chicken breast with 1 tsp of Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper. When the display says HOT add in 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Then place the seasoned side of each of the chicken breasts down into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Let the chicken brown for 5 minutes without disturbing it. Season the other side of each of the chicken breasts with 1 tsp of Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper. Then use tongs to flip the chicken over to the other side. Let them brown for 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and place on a plate.
- Deglaze. Use the 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth to deglaze the pot. Stir in the pasta. Then place the chicken breasts on top of the pasta.
- Pressure cook. Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the pressure cook button/manual button to 4 minutes on high pressure. Once the 4 minutes is up let the pot sit there for 5 minutes. Then move the valve to venting.
- Prepare bruschetta. While the food is pressure cooking dice up the roma tomatoes into small pieces. Place them in a bowl. Add in the garlic, basil, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Stir together.
- Toss together. Remove the chicken breasts and slice them into pieces. Add the chicken back into the pot. Toss the tomato mixture into the pot. Then stir in the parmesan cheese. Scoop onto serving plates and sprinkle with additional parmesan and basil, if desired.
Keywords: bruschetta, one pot meal
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.