Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Salsa Pasta–the easiest recipe ever. With just four ingredients and your pressure cooker this is a perfect meal to make when you’re busy but still want to put dinner on the table! Kids and adults alike love this creamy penne pasta and will be asking for seconds.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Salsa Pasta
I’ve had this “recipe” in my arsenal for many years. A lady brought this amazing creamy penne pasta with a bite to a potluck I attended in 2006. I loved it and asked her for the recipe. She was a little embarrassed to tell me that it was a box of penne pasta, a jar of alfredo sauce and a jar of picante sauce! No shame, no shame. I’ve been making this recipe for years. It comes in handy when I need a super fast and easy recipe. In the past I have used my stove to boil the pasta and cook the chicken. But now that I am familiar with pressure cooking I knew this chicken alfredo salsa pasta would make a perfect Instant Pot recipe!
All I did was add water to the Instant Pot, then I added in some raw bite size pieces of chicken thighs. You can make this pasta with or without chicken, it doesn’t matter. I like using chicken thighs because they are a little more tender than breasts. But you could also use chicken breasts for this recipe, if you prefer. Then I added in a box of penne pasta, a jar of alfredo sauce and a jar of picante sauce. I put the lid on and let the Instant Pot do it’s thing for just 3 minutes. Then I opened the valve, stirred the pasta and served up dinner. EASY EASY EASY! I told Greg that this recipe should be called “soccer mom’s delight” since it is so fast and easy.
More Easy Recipes You’ll Love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Salsa Pasta I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
The easiest recipe ever. With just four ingredients and your pressure cooker this is a perfect meal to make when you’re busy but still want to put dinner on the table! Kids and adults alike love this creamy penne pasta and will be asking for seconds.
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces (raw or cooked)
- 1 (16 oz) box penne pasta (I used whole wheat)
- 1 (16 oz) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (16 oz) jar picante sauce (mild, medium or hot)
- Turn your instant pot to the saute setting so it can start heating up while you add the ingredients into it. Add in your water. Then add in the chicken pieces. Pour in the penne, alfredo and half of the picante sauce. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up, move the lid to venting and let the pressure release. Open the pot and stir in the other half of the picante sauce.
- If there is too much liquid in the pasta you can turn the pot to saute and stir in a cornstarch slurry. Mix 1 Tbsp cornstarch with 1 Tbsp of water and stir until smooth. Add the mixture into the Instant Pot and the sauce will thicken up instantly.
- Scoop the pasta into bowls and enjoy. You can top it with some parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
I used boneless skinless chicken thighs because they are more moist and tender. If you want you can use chicken breasts instead. They just won’t be as tender.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 443
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 857 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Protein: 21 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Salsa Pasta? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.