Instant Pot Chicken Pesto and Vegetables–tender bites of chicken, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and potatoes enveloped in flavorful basil pesto sauce. An easy one pot meal that you can make in minutes in your electric pressure cooker.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Chicken Pesto and Vegetables
When I made this recipe for Instant Pot chicken pesto and vegetables I did the “one pot meal” dance. That involves me dancing around my kitchen island while my kids watch me warily. I just love one pot meals that contain the protein and the vegetables and the starch all together.
I love the “freshness” factor in this dish as well. The basil pesto is so tasty. I buy mine at Costco in a jar and use it for all sorts of recipes. The green and yellow zucchini squash and the tomatoes add a summer twist to this dish as well. This is a healthy meal that is great as dinner and the leftovers are perfect the next day too!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Pesto and Vegetables I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Tender bites of chicken, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and potatoes enveloped in flavorful basil pesto sauce. An easy one pot meal that you can make in minutes in your electric pressure cooker.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow or red potatoes
- 1 medium yellow zucchini squash
- 1 medium green zucchini squash
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- Add ingredients to the pot. Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the pot. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and place into the pot. Sprinkle the salt and pepper on the chicken. Cut the potatoes into quarters (or 1 inch cubes). Place a steamer basket* on top of the chicken. Put the potatoes into the steamer basket.
- Pressure cook. Cover the Instant Pot and make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit there undisturbed for 10 minutes. Then move the valve to “venting.”
- Prepare vegetables. While the chicken and potatoes are cooking cut your zucchinis into quarters: cut off each end of zucchini and cut lengthwise in half. Cut each half in half again ending up with quarters. Line up quarters and slice across zucchini. Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Finish the dish. Remove the lid of the Instant Pot. Carefully remove the steamer basket and set it aside. Stir the zucchinis and tomatoes into the pot. Let the zucchini heat up and partially cook in the hot pot for about 5 minutes. Then gently stir in the potatoes and the pesto. Toss together. Scoop onto serving plates and enjoy.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Pesto and Vegetables? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.