Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Potato Salad–cilantro and a hint of lime create a memorable take on classic potato salad. By cooking the eggs and potatoes together in your Instant Pot you’ll cut down on steps, dishes and time! Try this recipe out and you may never go back to regular potato salad again.
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Potato Salad
I like traditional potato salad okay. My son thinks it’s the greatest thing ever. My husband and daughter pass on it. Enter into the picture this instant pot cilantro lime potato salad. Everyone loves it. The flavor profile is spot on. Because you use just a bit of mayo and mostly greek yogurt it has a lot less calories too.
You can make this as a side dish to your grilled chicken or salmon or bring it to your next potluck. I promise you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
The coolest thing about this salad is that you make the potatoes and the eggs at the same time in the Instant Pot. I love tricks like this that same time and dishes! I even used a trick where you don’t have to peel hard boiled eggs! See the recipe for details.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Potato Salad I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Cilantro and a hint of lime create a memorable take on classic potato salad. By cooking the eggs and potatoes together in your Instant Pot you’ll cut down on steps, dishes and time! Try this recipe out and you may never go back to regular potato salad again.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- 6 eggs
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (I like full fat or 2%)
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp diced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup diced celery
- Add potatoes and eggs. Pour water into the Instant Pot. Place steamer basket* in the Instant Pot. Put the potatoes into the steamer basket. If you have room you can place an oven safe dish on top of the potatoes and crack the eggs into it. This way you won’t have to peel hard boiled eggs. I used 2 ramekins and cracked 3 eggs into each one. If you can’t fit a dish in your Instant Pot you can place the eggs on top of the potatoes.
- Cook. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. Once the cooking time is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Once all the pressure is released, remove the lid. Remove the eggs and set aside. Pour the potatoes into a large salad bowl and set them in the fridge.
- Prepare your dressing. In a small bowl stir together the garlic, yogurt, mayo, olive oil, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Dice up your celery. Scoop the “egg loafs” out of their dish(es) or peel your hard boiled eggs. Chop up the eggs.
- Stir everything together. Gently stir the dressing, celery, eggs and potatoes together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate. Refrigerate the salad to let the potatoes and eggs cool and the flavors marry for at least an hour before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 457 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Protein: 12 g
Keywords: salad, potluck, picnic, meatless
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Potato Salad? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.