Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Spaghetti–tender bites of chicken are cooked with spaghetti in your electric pressure cooker. The spaghetti is tossed with crumbled bacon, spinach, tomatoes, garlic and parmesan for a flavorful meal that the whole family will love.
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Spaghetti
YUM! That’s the word that comes to mind when I think of this recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Spaghetti. My whole family was saying “yum!” as they ate this last night. We will definitely be making this recipe over and over again.
Luckily I already had all of the ingredients on hand. That’s the best feeling in the world, isn’t it? Looking at a recipe and then looking in your fridge and seeing you have everything you need. I even had thawed chicken in my fridge.
A couple notes about the ingredients:
Bacon: I like to use the crumbled bacon from Costco. I buy it in a big bag and store it in my fridge. Then I can just sprinkle on the bacon when I need it in a salad or a recipe. You can also cook up some bacon on your stove until crispy and crumble it.
Chicken: because the spaghetti only needs 3 minutes of pressure cooking time you need to cut up your chicken breasts or thighs into bite size pieces. That way they will cook at the same rate as the spaghetti. Thighs will definitely taste more tender but breasts work okay too. If you like color on your chicken you can saute it with some garlic before pressure cooking it.
Spaghetti: I used thin whole wheat spaghetti. Whole wheat spaghetti is actually really good and tastes just as good as white spaghetti. Some of the other whole grain pastas get a little thick but spaghetti is not like that. I can find whole wheat spaghetti at every grocery store I shop at.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Spaghetti I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Tender bites of chicken are cooked with spaghetti in your electric pressure cooker. The spaghetti is tossed with crumbled bacon, spinach, tomatoes, garlic and parmesan for a flavorful meal that the whole family will love.
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth (or 1 3/4 cups water plus 1 3/4 tsp chicken better than bouillon base)
- 8 oz thin spaghetti (I used whole wheat thin spaghetti)
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup half and half or 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 (3 oz) package crumbled and cooked bacon (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- Add ingredients to Instant Pot. Pour broth into Instant Pot. Break the spaghetti in half and place into the pot. Add the chicken on top. Lightly salt and pepper the chicken. Sprinkle the paprika, garlic, crushed pepper on top of the chicken. Pour the tomatoes over the top of the chicken.
- Pressure cook. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes on high pressure. Make sure valve is set to sealing. When the time is up let the pot sit there for at least 5 minutes before moving the valve to venting. Open the pot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir in the half and half (or cream cheese), parmesan cheese, bacon and spinach. Turn the pot to the saute mode to heat up the half and half, melt the cheese and cook the spinach until wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Scoop the pasta into serving dishes and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This recipe can easily be doubled to feed a crowd. Double all ingredients and keep the cooking time the same.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Spaghetti? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.