Instant Pot Creamy Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes–easiest to make polenta ever, thanks to your electric pressure cooker! Creamy polenta is served hot with balsamic drizzled roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic and then topped with tart goat cheese. A perfect meatless meal that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Creamy Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes
If you like creamy dreamy polenta without a lot of fuss then this recipe is for you. The Instant Pot allows you to make polenta without stirring or messing with the temperature on the stove. It can also keep your polenta warm until everyone is home to eat it. Which is a bonus these busy days of May.
If you’re not familiar with polenta it’s basically a coarse cornmeal that is cooked in water until thick. It reminds me of a savory hot breakfast cereal. It is really filling and comforting. It makes a good side dish or it can totally be its own meal.
While the polenta was cooking in the Instant Pot I decided to roast mushrooms, tomatoes and garlic in a little bit of oil and balsamic vinegar. The vegetables and the polenta almost get done at the exact same time. I topped my polenta with a little bit of goat cheese for a bit of tartness and flavor. I couldn’t get enough of the tomatoes. They paired perfectly with the polenta. I want to make this again today for lunch! YUM!
Where do I buy polenta? Yesterday I wandered around Winco trying to find polenta. I looked next to the cornmeal. No luck. I looked next to the pasta. No luck. Finally I tried the bulk bin section and found it! It was labeled as “polenta/corn grits” and it was only a dollar for about 2 cups of it. Score. In most stores you’ll be able to find it in the pasta aisle. Bob’s Red Mill* makes it. Make sure to look for the non-Instant kind.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Creamy Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Easiest to make polenta ever, thanks to your electric pressure cooker! Creamy polenta is served hot with balsamic drizzled roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic and then topped with tart goat cheese. A perfect meatless meal that will leave you feeling satisfied.
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup polenta/corn grits (not the instant kind)
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 10 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Tbsp goat cheese, for serving
- Add water, polenta and salt to your Instant Pot. Whisk.
- Cover the pot and make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the porridge button to 20 minutes (if you don’t have a porridge button you can use the manual/pressure cook button).
- Turn your oven to 400° F. While the polenta is cooking slice your vegetables. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic to a large bowl. Toss to coat vegetables in the oil. Spread out the contents of bowl onto a sheet pan. Lightly salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot timer beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting to remove any remaining pressure. Carefully open the lid. Whisk the polenta until creamy.
- Scoop into bowls and top with roasted veggies and top with 1 tablespoon of goat cheese.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Polenta with Roasted Tomatoes? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.