Instant Pot Greek Chicken Rice Bowls–brown rice and chicken are tossed with a lemon juice, olive oil, fresh garlic and vinegar dressing. Diced cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion and feta cheese are stirred into the rice to complete the one pot meal.
Instant Pot Greek Chicken Rice Bowls
Do you love feta as much as I do? It’s one of my favorite things to add to salads and dishes like these instant pot greek chicken rice bowls. I love the instant flavor it provides. I buy my feta in a big container from Costco.
I also loved the fresh lemon flavor and fresh garlic. By stirring in the fresh elements after the rice and chicken has pressure cooked the brightness of the dish really comes through.
My husband ate his serving of rice cold, more like a salad. I preferred mine hot. But really it’s up to you. I hope you will try these Instant Pot Greek Chicken Rice Bowls soon! Let me know what you think.
More one pot meals you will love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Greek Chicken Rice Bowls I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Brown rice and chicken are tossed with a lemon juice, olive oil, fresh garlic and vinegar dressing. Diced cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion and feta cheese are stirred into the rice to complete the one pot meal.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (can be frozen)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Dash of thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Pour rice and chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for another 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the chicken and dice or shred. Add it back into the pot. Stir in the cucumber, pepper, onion, feta, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic cloves, oregano, thyme, 1/2 tsp kosher salt. Toss it well. Black pepper to taste. Add in more feta to taste, if desired. Add in more lemon juice to taste, if desired.
- Scoop into bowls and serve.
If you want you can make this recipe with white rice. For short grain white rice use 1 1/2 cups rice and 2 1/4 cups broth and cook for 8 minutes and then a 10 minute natural pressure release. For long grain white rice use 1 1/2 cups rice and 2 1/4 cups broth and cook for 3 minutes and then a 10 minute natural pressure release. For long grain white rice cut the chicken into pieces so it will cook at the same rate as the rice.
To make this in the slow cooker: Coat slow cooker with non stick spray. Add 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice and then stir in 1 3/4 cups boiling water. Place chicken on top of rice. Cover and cook until rice is tender. About 2 hours on high. Remove the lid and follow directions 3 and 4 above.
Keywords: chicken, rice, one pot meal
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Greek Chicken Rice Bowls? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.