Instant Pot Maple Dijon Chicken and Sweet Potatoes–chicken, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts drizzled with a sauce made with maple syrup, dijon mustard, rosemary and olive oil. A simple one pot recipe with a delicious flavor!
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Maple Dijon Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
I love the idea of a one pot meal where the meat and starch and vegetable are all cooked in the same pot. Sometimes it is super hard to get everything to cook just right in the same pot though. I had to make this recipe a few times to get the timing right.
The first time the sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts were like mush. The second time I kept the brussels sprouts whole instead of cutting them in half and cut the sweet potatoes into large chunks and they turned out better. But I didn’t like how the chicken got tough when I did the quick release. The third time I decided to use a zero minute pressure cook time and do a natural pressure release. This seemed to be the right timing. The chicken and vegetables weren’t overcooked and the chicken was tender. If you’re unsure about how a zero minute pressure cooking time works, I wrote an article about it here.
We all loved the flavors of this dish with the real maple syrup (a necessity) and the dijon mustard. My son’s favorite part were surprisingly the brussels sprouts. He loved them! My favorite part was the sweet potatoes. I don’t eat sweet potatoes enough! They are so good when seasoned right. Give this instant pot maple dijon chicken and sweet potatoes a try for dinner and let me know what your favorite part is.
More one pot meals you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Maple Dijon Chicken and Sweet Potatoes I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Chicken, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts drizzled with a sauce made with maple syrup, dijon mustard, rosemary and olive oil. A simple one pot recipe with a delicious flavor!
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, washed and ends trimmed off
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Pour chicken broth into bottom of the pot. Turn your pot to saute mode so that the pot can start heating up.
- Cut up your chicken into bite size chunks, sweet potatoes into large chunks (or they’ll get too mushy), and prepare your brussels sprouts by washing them and trimming off the ends.
- In a small bowl whisk together the dijon, maple syrup, rosemary, salt, pepper and oil.
- Put the chicken into the Instant Pot. Drizzle half of the dijon/syrup mixture over the chicken.
- Layer all of the sweet potatoes on top of the chicken and then all of the brussels sprouts over the potatoes. Drizzle the rest of the dijon/syrup mixture over the top.
- Turn off the saute mode. Cover the pot and make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 0 minutes on high pressure. The pot will take a while to come to pressure because it is so full. While it comes to pressure the food will be cooking. When the timer beeps let the pot sit there for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Open the pot and serve the chicken and vegetables.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Maple Dijon Chicken and Sweet Potatoes? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.