Instant Pot Parmesan Lemon Pasta–a creamy dreamy lemon-y sauce that envelopes fettuccine noodles. You can add chicken breast or leave it meatless, it’s up to you. This dinner takes just minutes to make with your electric pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Parmesan Lemon Pasta
I am totally on a lemon kick after making these soft lemon sugar cookies. With this savory lemon recipe, I just wanted to dive into this sauce and drink it! Yum. Lemon and parmesan and garlic are a winning combination! My family’s only complaint was that the recipe didn’t make enough.
Have you tried making pasta in your Instant Pot yet? I love using my Instant Pot to cook pasta. I can turn my back and not worry about the water boiling over on the stove. These fettuccine noodles came out perfect with just 3 minutes of pressure cooking time. If you want you can also use a different type of pasta, like orecchiette or cavatappi.
More Instant Pot pasta recipes you’ll love
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Parmesan Lemon Pasta I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
A creamy dreamy lemon-y sauce that envelopes fettuccine noodles. You can add chicken breast or leave it meatless, it’s up to you. This dinner takes just minutes to make with your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine noodles
- Optional: 1 pound of chicken cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 cup grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- Optional: cornstarch
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display reads HOT add in the butter. Once the butter is melted add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in 1 Tbsp of the lemon juice. Add in the chicken broth. Break the fettuccine noodles in half and lay them in the pot. The liquid should cover them almost completely. If using chicken add in the pieces of chicken on top of the noodles and sprinkle them with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. If not using chicken don’t add in the salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the timer beeps let the pot sit there for at least 5-10 minutes before moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid and stir.
- Add in the half and half, parmesan cheese and the 2 Tbsp of lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. It will be a little bit liquid-y but if you turn on the saute function the pasta will absorb the sauce. You can also thicken the sauce with a cornstarch slurry. Mix 1-2 Tbsp of cornstarch with equal parts cold water. Stir the mixture into the pot. The sauce will thicken almost instantly.
- Serve the noodles and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
You can use other types of pasta besides fettuccine. Cavatappi, orecchiette, bowties or linguine would work well.
If you don’t have half and half you can also use half milk and half cream.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe (no chicken)
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 278 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Protein: 18 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Parmesan Lemon Pasta? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.