Instant Pot Taco Soup–basic but delicious taco soup that can be made quickly in your electric pressure cooker. Everyone needs this recipe up their sleeve for those busy weeknights.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Taco Soup
I can’t believe that this recipe isn’t on my website yet! It’s a classic taco soup recipe that we make all the time and love but for some reason I’ve never shared it yet.
I love this recipe because it takes just a few minutes to make and I usually have all the ingredients I need for it on hand. I also love this recipe because it tastes really good and everyone eats it happily in my home. Instant Pot taco soup can easily be made gluten free too.
We like to serve this taco soup with grated cheddar and a dollop of sour cream on top. Sometimes I make a pan of cornbread to go with it. This recipe can easily be doubled and served to two families. I am notorious for bringing taco soup and cornbread to a neighbor that needs dinner. It’s my “I don’t have to think about it” dinner idea that most people really like.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Taco Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Basic but delicious taco soup that can be made quickly in your electric pressure cooker. Everyone needs this recipe up their sleeve for those busy weeknights.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth (or 1 cup water + 1 tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can kidney beans (or pinto beans or black beans)
- 1 (12 oz) package of frozen corn
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: grated cheddar, sour cream and corn chips, for serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. When the display says HOT add in your ground beef and break it up with a wooden spoon. Brown the beef and then drain off any excess grease.
- Deglaze the pot with the beef broth.
- Pour kidney beans into a strainer and rinse. Add in the corn and run hot water over the top of the corn for a minute. Shake off excess water. Add beans and corn to the Instant Pot.
- Add in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Sprinkle the taco seasoning on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes on high pressure. Let the pressure release for 10 minutes naturally and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid and stir. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with cheddar, sour cream and corn chips.
- Serving Size: 1 cup of soup
- Calories: 271
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1083 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Protein: 21 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Taco Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.