Slow Cooker Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole–hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, cheddar and spinach are all combined to make a scrumptious breakfast casserole that is perfect for a weekend breakfast or even breakfast for dinner.
(Get the INSTANT POT Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole recipe here)
Slow Cooker Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole
I love making breakfast for dinner. Breakfast foods at breakfast time don’t always work out. Either I’m not hungry or I’m in too big of a hurry to make something like bacon and eggs or waffles. That’s why it’s fun to have one day a week where I serve breakfast for dinner.
This Slow Cooker Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole is a winner! This is a simple casserole and it could really be changed in a lot of ways and still be good. For example, swap out the bacon bits with bite-size pieces of sausage or cubed ham. You could throw in a chopped red pepper or some sundried tomatoes for some extra color and flavor. Try a different kind of cheese. It’s really up to you and your preferences.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole I went with my 3-quart casserole crock made by the Crock-Pot brand.* I have loved this casserole shaped crockpot for recipes just like this. I love that the crock insert is completely oven and dishwasher safe. I love how if you want to brown the top of a casserole you can do that quickly in the oven after it cooks all day in the slow cooker. Or if you want to bake something in the oven and then put it into the crockpot and keep it warm on the counter, you can do that too. They cost around $40 and I think totally worth the investment!
Hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, cheddar and spinach are all combined to make a scrumptious breakfast casserole that is perfect for a weekend breakfast or even breakfast for dinner.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup frozen hashbrowns
- Salt and pepper
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs. In a bowl whisk together the eggs and the half and half. Add in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- Layer ingredients. Spray you slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Layer the hashbrowns in the bottom of the pan. Lightly salt and pepper the hashbrowns. Then layer on the spinach, bacon bits and finally the cheddar. Pour the egg mixture over the top of everything.
- Cook. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. The cooking time in this recipe will vary widely depending on what size of slow cooker you use and how hot it cooks. The larger the slow cooker the quicker the eggs will cook.
- Serve. Cut the casserole and serve. You can also brown the top under your broiler, if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 364 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 14 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.