Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Meatloaf–a meatloaf made in your crockpot that is inspired by pepperoni pizza! Mozzarella and diced pepperoni are combined with lean ground beef to make a flavorful combination that kids and adults both love.
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Meatloaf
I was inspired by the pepperonis and grated mozzarella that were hanging out in my fridge. I bought a huge bag of pepperoni at Smith’s a few weeks ago for like $3.00. It comes in handy when I’m really short on time. I usually use it to make pita pizzas. But today I decided to mix it up and try something new.
I mixed a combination of lean ground beef, diced pepperoni, seasonings and mozzarella cheese together and formed it into a loaf. For this part I love using gloves. I just order them off of amazon* and use them for kitchen tasks such as this one. I placed the loaf into a loaf pan that fits inside my slow cooker. And then placed the pan into my 6 quart oval slow cooker. I covered my slow cooker and cooked the meatloaf for about 4 hours on high.
I removed the pan and basted the top with some tomato sauce and let it sit under the broiler for a couple minutes to brown the top. I added some grated cheese and let it get all melty. I served this up with some leftover bean salad that we had but I’m thinking that making baked potatoes or mashed potatoes with it would be very good too.
My family all loved this slow cooker pepperoni pizza meatloaf and we will definitely be making it again. Next time I’ll add in some more pizza flavors such as olives, green peppers and maybe mushrooms. You can definitely get creative with this recipe!
Three more slow cooker recipes that use ground beef…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Pepperoni Pizza Meatloaf I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
A meatloaf made in your crockpot that is inspired by pepperoni pizza! Mozzarella and diced pepperoni are combined with lean ground beef to make a flavorful combination that kids and adults both love.
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (plus more for basting)
- 1/3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella (plus more for melting)
- Combine the ingredients. In a bowl, using gloved or clean hands, mix together the beef, garlic powder, worcestershire, Italian seasoning, kosher salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, tomato sauce, pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Form the meatloaf. Form the meatloaf into the shape of a loaf pan that fits inside your slow cooker. Place the pan in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Cook: Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Carefully remove the meatloaf. The meatloaf may not look done and bit watery on top. The broiler step helps this immensely. If you’re worried about doneness use a thermometer to make sure the middle of the meatloaf is 160 degrees F.
- Broil: Place the foil/pan under the broiler for about one minute to dry out the meatloaf a bit. Then baste is with a little tomato sauce and put it under the broiler for another minute. Then sprinkle with a little grated mozzarella cheese and broil for one more minute.
- Serve. Serve the meatloaf and enjoy. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze the leftovers for a couple of months.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 566 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Protein: 28 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for slow cooker Pepperoni Pizza Meatloaf? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.