Slow Cooker Savory Mushroom Chicken–a creamy savory sauce envelopes mushrooms, tender bites of chicken and linguine noodles. This is a quick and easy meal for any night of the week.
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Savory Mushroom Chicken
Where are my mushroom fans at? Me me! My kids don’t like them but my husband and I sure do! The mushrooms are the star of this chicken and noodles dish. The creamy sauce that surrounds them is dreamy too. I ended up using linguine noodles but if you want to use fettuccine noodles or spaghetti you can do that instead.
More recipe you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Savory Mushroom Chicken I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker. It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
A creamy savory sauce envelopes mushrooms, tender bites of chicken and linguine noodles. This is a quick and easy meal for any night of the week.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound mushrooms, washed and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces dry linguine noodles (I used whole wheat)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Parsley, for garnish
- Add broth and chicken to the slow cooker. Slice up the butter into 8 pieces and sprinkle over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Add in the mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, thyme and garlic powder. Toss the seasonings into the mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Cut the chicken into pieces.
- When ready to serve, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain off the water. Stir the pasta and half and half into the slow cooker. Salt to taste and stir in the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Scoop noodles, chicken and mushrooms onto plates and serve topped with a bit of chopped parsley.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Savory Mushroom Chicken? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.